Because each person or couple has different issues and goals for counseling, it will be different depending on the individual. We tailor our therapeutic approach to your specific needs. We may use Emotion Focused Therapy for Couples, Individuals & Families, The Gottman Method, Structural Family Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, EMDR, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Child-Centered Play Therapy, Child-Parent Psychotherapy, or sand tray and art therapy interventions along with other treatment modalities. We are so glad you are dedicated to getting the most out of your sessions. Your active participation and dedication will be crucial to your success. It is important to remember that therapy is an investment in time, money and energy. You have to carefully weigh how much of each element you would like to invest in the process.
We charge $160 for an initial intake assessment and $140 for a one hour counseling session for clients who are paying cash. Clients can opt for a 1.5 hour session for an additional agreed upon out of pocket charge for couples sessions if there is time.
We are in network with Medical Mutual, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (Commercial PPO Plans), Optum/United, United Health Community Plan, Aetna (PPO Plans), and Caresource (Medicaid), insurance companies amongst a few others. We use Out of Network (OON) benefits with GEHA, Humana, Cigna and other Out of Network payers when available.
We strongly recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits as they are in charge of administering your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Is the provider I’m interested in seeing in our out of network?
- Are outpatient mental health visits subject to medical necessity?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Do I have a co-pay or co-insurance (similar to a deductible)?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit? Is it based upon medical necessity or any other factors?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
We accept all major credit cards and HSA cards as forms of payment. We require a card on file for active clients.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged a no show/late cancellation fee. During inclement weather the No Show/Late Cancellation fee still applies and sessions are available to be conducted online.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!